Friday, March 22, 2013

Emotional Aspects of Moving

Danny and I have spent the evening sorting through our possessions, making piles to keep and give/sell. I know I am supposed to feel liberated. I know that this is for a purpose, but I'm actually quite melancholy tonight. I'm not really a pack rat, so I feel like the stuff that I have I have for a reason.... albeit sometimes sentimental reasons. I almost feel like when my grandfather died and I helped my mom clean out his garage...stuff I've I've been given for birthdays or from music festivals...that bring back memories and faces of friends.
I know that this is all for a greater purpose, but tonight the reality is really setting in.

1 comment:

  1. I went through the same feeling when I went to Australia. Trust me ... the first few times you shave off some possessions, it is hard. But when you get down to the nitty gritty of "I have this much space and 10x this much stuff" ... it gets much much easier to toss things with abandon.

    I do still miss some things I let go of but most of it I don't miss until something triggers it ... then I just fondly remember the item...

    I think you should post pics of your piles :)

    ReplyDelete