Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Working together for the greater good of...oh, fuck it.

Danny named this blog "The Couple in a Camper: Adventures in Love and Freedom".....I'm starting to think it should be called "TCIAC: LESSONS about Love and Freedom".
Today we started putting down laminate wood flooring...and I have officially been dismissed from duty. Anyone who knows me, is thinking "Amelia? Dismissed??" But, don't fret, I've already come to terms with this; it's for the best. Danny and I seem to have very different approaches to physical labor. Frankly, I am a perfectionist with trust issues and feel the intrinsic need to micromanage, while pushing every one of Danny's buttons simultaneously. Danny is a perfectly capable fellow and has sworn a solemn oath that he has read and re-read the directions and is insisting that it is time for me to retire from laying flooring. Well, fine then. Since he seems to be more willing to get dirty and inevitably smash his fingers than I, who can argue?
As I sit on the porch, I am looking at this as the ultimate test of my trust and patience. Guess it's time to take the dog for a long walk....

1 comment: